Sunday, June 14, 2009

Art and music

Things are really lining up for me in ways I would have never guessed.I have a new therapist working with me through this transition and she is wonderful.We now have a great support group here as well in which we have both people in the process of transition and professionals present.

Things are seemingly moving at light speed for me and as scared as I am I know its well past time I should have transitioned but simply thankful to finally be able to .I've still got a long road to go yet but I am looking forward to every single step.

I ran across a blog today I wanna share.Boris and Julie are 2 of the best artists I've ever seen and they have a really cool blog on here.I've been a fan of both for years.

For years I was only able to be myself through my music and my art.Through drawing and painting I could visualize myself as I've always felt and through music I could simply escape and become engrossed in the songs.

After finding their blog I started thinking about now days its me who is the canvas and I'm finally getting to fulfill the "art" of transition so I can look in a mirror and finally feel complete.
I'm also thinking its about time to dig out my brushes and canvas to restart painting again.
I actually found an old photo of Julie in her competitive bodybuilding days and had started a painting years ago basically transforming her into one of my fave comic characters Vampirella.

Guess my day today will be searching out my brushes as well as making a shopping list for paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment